Getting ready in the morning can be a hassle, especially if you care for loved ones.
Many seniors with dementia fight bathing and grooming each day.
It’s important to keep your older adult’s body clean to prevent skin infections and reduce the risk of urinary tract infections.
Here’s some tips to make the task easier each day:
- Stick to a daily routine
- Encourage with positive reinforcement
- Use calm, soothing tones
- Temperature control – Warm, not hot water, bathroom and towels
- Provide support and use safety equipment
- Gentle hand held shower head
- No upsetting surprises while bathing
- Hire a care professional to bath, groom and get ready for the day ahead.
Midian Care helps families everyday with providing assistance with daily activities of living for themselves or a loved one.
Contact one of our Care Managers on 03301246299,
or email at [email protected]